Residential Mobile Home Permit
Please verify your jurisdiction with the West Baton Rouge Parish Assessors Map.
All residents must obtain a $75 mobile home permit before moving a mobile home onto a different piece of property in the unincorporated area of West Baton Rouge Parish. If the mobile home is moved before obtaining a permit the resident will be fined a double fee no more than $75. All mobile homes moved into the unincorporated areas of the Parish have to have a HUD manufacturing plate attached to the mobile home and the owner must provide proof of age, model, and wind zone.
Residents moving a new mobile home into The Town of Addis will need to obtain a permit from the Town of Addis. The resident must hire a State Licensed and registered with the Parish electrician to pull an electrical permit though the West Baton Rouge Permit Office. The resident will also need to provide the permit office with proof of utility deposits and a new account number obtained from Entergy. Once this process is complete and the mobile home checklist (see below) is complete the resident may request an inspection through the WBR Permit Office.
1. Elevation certificate if in a flood zone of A.
2. Address #'s posted onto mobile home visible from road
3. Proper Anchoring
4. Electrical Pole Must be complete with electrical meter pan, main service switch and weather head in place.
5. Wiring– Must be complete from main service switch to mobile home feeder panel.
6. Plumbing and water– All utilities must be connected to trailer
7. Sewer- Cannot be ran above ground & must be left uncovered for inspection
8. Mechanical– (A/C UNIT)
9. Grounding – Of main electrical service switch and mobile home frame
10. Steps with handrails– At all entry points (Meeting Code Requirements)
***If you are moving a mobile home into a mobile home park you must have a registered contractor pull your permit***
***If you are not using this mobile home as your primary residence, you must have a registered contractor pull your permit***