Join Our Team
Serve your community. Become a firefighter.
Interested in becoming a firefighter? We're working to build a department that reflects the community we serve. So we encourage anyone interested to consider applying.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must be a United States citizen or immigration status must be current and must permit you to work a full-time job in the United States
- Must possess a government-issued driver’s license
- Must pass the Louisiana State Firefighters Civil Service Test
We offer great benefits to our employees, including:
- Paid Sick Leave/Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Extra Pay for College Incentive
- Retirement Plan
- Continuing Career Training and Education
- Attractive Work Schedule
After we hire our new recruits, they ago through our training academy. This is an approximately 3-month course of instruction in the classroom and hands on environments, designed to give new firefighters the knowledge and hands on skills to save lives and stay safe.
Upon successful completion of the Academy, recruits will have the following certifications:
Louisiana Firefighter Training Council Firefighter I & II
Hazardous Material Awareness and Operations
Licensed as a State of Louisiana Basic Emergency Medical Technician
What do I do if I have firefighter experience and certifications?
If you have prior firefighting experience, you may be eligible to be hired as a lateral transfer.
Certifications required for this include:
- Firefighter I
- Firefighter II
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Engine/Pump Operator
If you think you might qualify for this, please contact us